Packaging and packaging materials tend to go largely unnoticed until errors lead to quality defects. In 2016, a total of 2,640 packaging faults were reported to the Drug Commission of German Pharmacists, accounting for over 40 % of all quality defects reported (as had been the case in previous years, too).
Preventing packaging material problems
Imprecise packaging specifications, inadequate monitoring on the part of the packaging manufacturer and a lack of technical expertise can all result in product recalls. In addition to damaging the manufacturer’s reputation, these are costly and in some cases may even pose a risk to patient health. Professional know-how in packaging materials technology can prevent these problems from arising.
Expertise in pharmaceuticals packaging materials
With over 40 years of experience in the field of packaging and packaging materials for the pharmaceutical industry, I can provide expert advice on:
- quality issues
- the formulation of technically correct packaging specifications
- cost-saving and standardisation projects
- the implementation and evaluation of anti-counterfeiting measures
- GMP audits for the manufacture and use of packaging and packaging materials
- the development of new packaging concepts
- support in packaging-related matters and specific know-how in the field of packaging and packaging materials